The Minnesota Transgender Health Coalition relies on the work volunteers! We always need new people to bring in fresh energy and ideas.
No matter what amount of time you have, the Health Coalition would
love to have you join us in our important work! A few of the many ways
you can be involved:
- Experienced volunteers needed to help with our Shot Clinic and other
direct services -- giving hormones shots, doing Hep C testing and doing
- Work on newsletter and fundraising mailings, compiling materials, and stuffing envelopes
- Help with outreach by staffing information tables at events throughout
the year in both the Twin Cities and in Greater Minnesota
- Help organize and produce the annual Minnesota Trans Health and
Wellness Conference, a full weekend event with workshops, health
screenings, info fair, and more!
- Become a member of the MTHC training team and help educate health
providers, office staff, and students on how to provide equitable and
competent care and services to the trans community
- Collaborate on planning future events and programming
- Join our Board of Directors and help with the regular planning and function of our nonprofit organization
You can volunteer for a few hours per year, a few hours per month, or become a core member or board member and volunteer a few hours per week.
We welcome trans community members, partners, family members, friends and allies to join us. You don't need any special training or expertise -- you just need to be interested and enthusiastic!
We also welcome health professionals of all types who are especially interested in trans health to join us as volunteers or members of our Provider Directory. People with training, legal or advocacy experience are always needed as well.
Please contact us
, come visit us, or attend a board meeting to learn more about ways to get involved! We welcome everyone at our monthly board meetings. For the
current schedule and locations, see our Event Calendar at the bottom of
the left menu bar on our website.